Rock climbingRock climbing in the Dreisamtal, here you will find everything - from easy to difficult, demanding routes.
There are wonderful climbing routes for everyone - in the Gfällfelsen in Oberried or the Scheibenfelsen in Zastler.
You will find further information on the following sites:
Gfällfelsen (Bandit cliffs) in OberriedThe Gfällfelsen offer the largest rock climbing area around Freiburg. The cliffs are scattered around at an altitude of 900m.
- Protection: Anchors throughout
- Routes: approx. 80 routes for all difficulty levels (majority: medium level) from 10 to 100m long
- Arrival: Drive along the B31 to Kirchzarten, then along the L126 in the direction of Oberried / Todtnau. 3km past Oberried you will see the Schneeberger Hof with a car park on the left. Take the walking track in the direction of Gfällmatte.
Scheibenfelsen in ZastlerThe Scheibenfelsen in Zastler valley are situated on a steep ridge of the Hinterwaldkopf. Please stay on the paths as the cliffs are in a protected forest.
- Protection: Good bolts
- Routes: Approx. 25 routes from 5 to 7 lengths up to 30m.
- Arrival: Drive along the B31 to Kirchzarten, then along the L126 in the direction of Oberried / Todtnau. Turn left in Oberried to Zastler (approx. 4km). Below the cliffs (clearly visible) is a car park.